A big thank you to Emer over at A Little Haze Book Blog for the nomination.
I did a little googling and it seems the Mystery Blogger Award has been around for over 3 years and was created by www.okotoenigmasblog.com. They created the award because –
WHY DID I CREATE THE AWARD?
I created the award because there are a lot of amazing blogs out there that haven’t been discovered, yet. And, most of these blogs deserve recognition. For that reason, I decided to create my own award; and nominate people who can also nominate others; and so on. This is one of the best ways to create a friendly community and build a link between bloggers in the blogosphere; as everyone gets nominated and they too can spread the fun by nominating more people for the award.
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about myself
1. I was 100% convinced I would never get married or have kids growing up, I could never imagine a scenario where that happened, plus I spent quite a few teen years thinking I wouldn’t make it past 18. No specific reason why.
2. I have a dog and a cat and if i had my way i would have another 2 cats and a massive cat run and I would foster and rescue all the animals.
3. At about 10yrs old I developed a ridiculous fear of heights and it just got worse from there. I can’t even walk on a jetty comfortably anymore.
Questions from Emer
1. If you could interview one author, living or dead, for your blog who would you choose and why? When I answer this question with a living author I always feel like a sound like a bloody tool, but I would love to chat life with Kameron Hurley. Also Courtney Summers. I think I would come out of those conversations a better person.
2. Are there any authors whose books you refuse to read due to their personal viewpoints or similar? Yeah, Marion Zimmer Bradley. Others I just kind of play it by ear. I try to avoid the whole “call out an author without reading them” crusade that some people go on, but if an author reacts to that it, like a piece of shit, then they are off my read list. Jeanine Cummins and the psycho Kathleen Hale are forever on my “get fucked” list.
3. Are there any books out there that you think are over hyped and perhaps not deserving of the praise they receive? (THESE ARE JUST MY OPINION, BUT IT’S A FIERY, PASSIONATE OPINION.)
Yeah I bloody well do. In fact I have a whole list and I find it infuriating that they get all this money spent on them and this bullshit amount of focus yet there are so many A grade authors out there, self-published and traditional that are ignored. – Maybe don’t read on – You have been warned.
Sarah Fucking J. Maas. Fuck the Throne of Glass series, try the Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore instead.
Holly Black, mediocre every time! Instead try Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire.
Cassandra Clare – Ok, I’m not going to lie, I loved City of Bones. In fact I loved the first three books, but then everything went to shit for me and I don’t think she has written anything even remotely different since those.
4. What has been the most rewarding thing about blogging in your life?
All of it. It has opened up a whole new world to me. I love the community, the books, the self-publishing world and that I have somewhere to vent all of my random thought and pretend that they matter. Also, when someone says they picked up a book on your recommendation, that’s just wicked and interacting with authors, that’s phenomenal.
5. If you could choose to be a mythological / fantastical creature for a day what would it be and why?
I’m not sure. I’ve always liked the idea of a dragon. I can burn my enemies to dust, hoard things and fly.
Link to my favourite posts
Along the Razor’s Edge is my most recent 5 star read so it has to be that.
People I’m tagging for this Award
Sorry if tags aren’t your thing.
My questions if you would like to participate?
1. What job where you hoping/aiming for and did you achieve it? (I wanted to be a hairdresser or an assassin.)
2. Would you rather be able to read people’s thoughts or become invisible?
3. What was the last song you listened to?
4. If you could be mentored by any author, who would you choose and why?
5. Do you have a scar? If so how did you get it?
I’ve put this together while sitting in a playcentre while the kid plays with his mate and its been a great way to block out the noise. Must do it more often. Have a great day 🙂