Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme where we get to feed that part of our soul that loves lists, by coming up with 10 things related to a certain topic. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and Bookish) and is now being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and future topics can be found HERE. This weeks topic is:
Ten auto-buy authors
I feel like I’m repeating myself as I talk about these authors a lot. I don’t think there will be any surprises on this list.
1. Mark Lawrence – The man can write anything. I would read a phone book if he wrote it.
2. Brandon Sanderson – He is a freaking master of magic.
3. Nicholas Eames – His characters are truly amazing.
4. Kameron Hurley – She writes truly bleak worlds and puts her characters in horrible situations, just to see what they will do. Where will humanity end up.
5. Melina Marchetta – I have a sentimental attachment to her work. I studied Looking For Alibrandi in high school and it was one of my favourite reads.
6. Jay Kristoff – The man is brilliant.
7. Megan Jacobson – Amazing author who writes complex broken characters.
8. Courtney Summers – No one can break your heart like Courtney Summers. All the Rage is a book that truly shaped my views and forced me to face a few things I didn’t like about myself that were ingrained.
9. Anthony Ryan – This is a odd one as I’ve loved some of his books and hated a certain one, but anytime I come across his books instore I have always had to pick them up.
10. Ilona Andrews – They write the best uf and pnr.